FLOEX (Tomas Dvorak)
Clarinetist, composer, producer and multimedia artist from Prague (Czech Republic).
His music is distinctive by unique exploration of electro-acoustic field and deep atmospheric mood of the tracks. Beside releasing albums Tomas is experimenting beyond the linear music scenarios creating unique multimedia installations or music for the games.
He released two full length albums "Pocustone" (2001), "Zorya" (2011) and Gone EP (2014). Both received several prestigious awards not only in Czech Republic. Latest and very exciting collaboration with Tom Hodge creates new level of synergy where classical music and radical "avant-garde" electronic blends into unique organic universe.
He is well known for his cooperation with Amanita Design on the soundtracks for the games Samorost 2 (2006), Machinarium (2009) and Samorost 3 (2016). Machinarium OST gained massive reaction by both fans and critics and made Tomáš music known internationally.
Tomas is also author of several unique interactive music multimedia installations and performances (RGB, Crossroad, Live Score, Archifon serie with Initi) which he created from 2002. These works has been presented on international festivals like Ars Electronica, Sonica or Nuit Blanche Bruxelles.
Tomas is known mainly for his atmospheric music, which both live or from the records is rather listening experience. However he loves to DJ as well. Beware of the fact, this is very different side of his musical personality. His DJ sets our full of energy, ecstatic moments, made to experience intense and deep side of the electronic dance music. Music oscillate between techno, electronic dance music with ocassional trips basically anywhere, just to make the people on the party surprised and show interesting parallels between dance music and other styles. In his selection Tomas looks for depth and Tomas likes to play long DJ sest, it takes time to dive into the right state of dance and achieve that almost transcendental flow. On proper occasions he would play 10 or more hours long sets.
- 2018 - A Portrait Of John Doe
- 2016 - Samorost 3 Soundtrack
- 2016 - Zorya
- 2015 - Samorost3 Pre-Remixes EP
- 2013 - Gone - EP
- 2009 - Machinarium Soundtrack Bonus EP
- 2009 - Machinarium Soundtrack
- 2006 - Samorost 2 Soundtrack
- 2001 - Pocustone
- Big Chill (Easton Castle Deer Park / UK)
- Audioriver (Plock / Poland)
- Edinburg Jazz Festival (Edinburgh / UK)
- Eurosonic (Groningen / Netherlands)
- Babylon Club (Istanbul / Turkey)
- Mira Festival (Barcelona / Spain)
- Krake Festival (Berlin / GE)
- Pohoda (Trencin /SK)
- Palác Akropolis (Prague / Czech Republic)
- Stubnitz (Rotterdam / NL)
- Best 2009 Soundtrack according PC Gamer
- Vinyla nomination 2011
- 3 Angel Awards (Czech «Grammy»)
- Europian Qwartz Awards 2001
- Apollo 2011 nomination